Review: Cyanide Bath Bomb

For Valentines Day my boyfriend bought me 'The Experimenter' from Lush. The look of the gift itself is amazing. It is a tall, colourful gift-box that pleases the eye and has the 'Lush aroma' to it. The box is full head-to-toe of bath bombs and even includes a little booklet that describes each one. The top of the box had some of the new favourites such as 'Intergalactic' and 'Frozen', two very amazing bath bombs but also two that I was familiar with. I dug a little deeper and found the 'Cyanide' bath bomb.

'The Experimenter'

Before anything else, this bath bomb grabs your attention with its unique and somewhat unnerving appearance. For a few minutes I was just inspecting the bath bomb as I hadn't seen it in my local Lush store nor had I ever heard of it. The bath bomb itself didn't have a significant smell to it but it was of significant size and full of vibrant colours.


'Cyanide Bath Bomb'

Once in the bath, the bomb dissolved very quickly. Most of Lush's bath bombs linger around whilst you're still in the bath, which is by no means a bad thing. However, the Cyanide bath bomb allows for you to see the finished bath before entering. Just like all of us Lush addicts, I could not wait to try out this new bath bomb.

After seeing the initial fizz and bubbling of the bath bomb I left the bathroom and came back a few minutes later to somewhat of an underwhelming sight. Despite the vibrant colours of the bath bomb itself, once dissolved it appeared a murky yellow colour with no significance to it (despite a few bubbles). Now this could be because I am used to the bath bombs that present a magical bath full of whirling colours and glitter.


Post Fizz


Nevertheless, I jumped in to the bath and was greeted with such a pleasing scent, similar to that of the parma violets sweets. This scent quickly took me back to my childhood and instantly created a relaxing and calm bath. This bath bomb goes to show that the visual element is not always the make or break of the product. Other elements such as scent and effectiveness to the skin is often looked over but this bath bomb focuses on those two aspects.

Once I left the bath, the first thing I noticed was how soft my skin was, it was silky smooth. This simple bath bomb moisturised my skin, leaving me feeling amazing. The second thing I noticed was loads of glitter over me and I thought "where did that come from?!" It turns out that hidden underneath the water was glitter that I hadn't noticed! Although I hadn't been able to appreciate it in the bath, the glitter on my skin left me feeling extra refreshed and ready to take on the world.

Give this bath bomb a go, you will not be disappointed!

What's your favourite Lush bath bomb?

Where: Lush
Price: £3.50

Thank you for reading, my lovelies,
Jade
X

You May Also Like

0 comments